Fundraise Up helps you set account defaults for the Email Templates that send your transactional emails, but still lets you customize each template for each Campaign as needed.
We know that your marketing efforts are complex, and we like to leave the pre-donation outreach to your team members and toolkits best suited to it. What we know Fundraise Up can handle best are post-donation emails, because we're uniquely positioned to deliver them immediately and accurately based on the information provided.
Each Fundraise Up account has a central setting for Emails where your defaults can be set. Additionally, each Campaign has an Emails tab where you can further customize any emails sent due to interaction with that Campaign.
- Formatting your Emails for your account
- Customizing your Emails per-Campaign
- Frequently asked questions
- Can I use different social media buttons?
Formatting your Emails for your account
Your account's settings for Emails are available by:
- clicking your account name in the top right of the dashboard,
- clicking Settings from the dropdown menu,
- clicking Email Templates in the left-hand menu of settings.
In the Account Defaults section, you can edit your default settings for every email, such as the From Name, Reply To email address, header/footer content, and color options.
Once you've made any changes, you can preview them by clicking the Show Preview button at the bottom of this section, and then confirm them when ready by clicking the Save Changes button.
Further down the page, you'll see a section with controls for every email template the system can send to people outside your organization, such as receipts and transaction alerts, bank verification instructions, tribute e-cards, and fundraiser notifications.
Clicking on any template's row will show you all editable options for that template, and will provide you a Preview button on the right-hand side to see how your changes would affect that template.
The first available dropdown for every email template is Send Email, and the options are "Send" or "Do not send"; you can use that dropdown to control if that email template defaults to being sent at all, and override it on a Campaign-by-Campaign basis if needed.
Once you're ready to confirm any updates you've made to your email templates, scroll to the bottom of this section and hit the Save Changes button.
Customizing your Emails per-Campaign
In the Campaigns page of the dashboard, you can click into each Campaign to access its Checkout, Emails, P2P, and Settings tabs.
Once on a Campaign's Emails tab, you'll see two sections: Email Preferences and Template Preferences.
Campaign Email Preferences
In this section, you'll see controls for all fields that apply to every email the system sends, such as the From Name, Reply To email address, header/footer content, and color options.
For each field, you can either click Change to set it to something custom for that Campaign only, or click Restore Default to go back to using the account-wide default for that field.
Preview any changes you made using the Show Preview button at the bottom of this section, and confirm your changes by clicking the Save Changes button when ready.
Campaign Template Preferences
Each email template can also be customized on a per-Campaign basis.
Clicking on any template's row will show you:
- all editable options for that template,
- controls to Change each field to something other than your default, or Restore Default to go back to what was chosen on an account level,
- and a Preview button on the right-hand side to see how your changes would affect the emails that template sends.
Once you're ready to confirm any updates you've made to your Campaign's email templates, scroll to the bottom of this section and hit the Save Changes button.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use different social media buttons?
Entering your social media URLs in the "Defaults" section (either Account or Campaign) will add a vertical list of stock social media buttons to the footer of your emails, optimized for phone viewers and driving high traffic to your social media channels.
To use different social media buttons in your emails, you can:
- ensure that the social media fields in the "Defaults" section are blank,
- scroll down to the Footer Content editor,
- click the picture icon to upload your desired social media button images and embed it in the Footer Content,
- click on the picture you just added to Footer Content, and in the little tooltip that comes up with editing options, click the link icon,
- lastly, paste your social media URL for that channel (ex: https://twitter.com/yourorgshandle) in as the link for that image, and save your changes.
We recommend, if you're using a replacement social media icon set, to ensure that you have licenses for those icons' use, that you ensure that they do not have to be resized in the editor (as resizing icon images can introduce fuzzy borders), and that they are the same size and style.