CRMs are useful because they let you see everything centrally. Make sure your Fundraise Up data is showing up in NeonCRM in the fashion you'd expect!
Our NeonCRM Integration is still being reviewed internally - please stay tuned!
Now that you've connected your NeonCRM Integration, you'll want to be on the page for your NeonCRM Integration, available in your Fundraise Up dashboard by clicking into Settings -> Integrations -> NeonCRM to land on this screen:
Once there, you'll likely want to do the following:
- Review the Integration's out-of-the-box settings
- Set your defaults using General Settings & Mapping Rules
- Cover any exceptions using Special Rules
- Sync your historical data
Review the Integration's out-of-the-box settings
Out of the box, our Integration's sync runs after every successful donation made via Fundraise Up, including installments of recurring donation plans.
To the extent that we can, we seek to make our CRM Integrations fill in every standardized field and create every standardized record that's expected.
The integration makes Donations in NeonCRM to represent any one-time donations and installments of recurring donations, and fill in the following fields by default.
- Account (corresponds to the Individual Account)
- Acknowledgee Email
- Acknowledgee Name
- Donor Name
- Honor Name
- Honor Type
- Payment Status (even though we'll always only sync successful donations)
The integration attempts to find an existing Individual Account. If it does find one, it updates the following fields. If it doesn't, it makes a new Individual Account and fills in these fields.
- Company (if applicable, corresponds to the Company Account)
- Consent to Email
- Primary Contact Address (if applicable, corresponds to the Address)
- Primary Contact Email 1
- Primary Contact First Name
- Primary Contact Last Name
- Primary Contact Preferred Name (fills in first name by default)
- Primary Contact (fills in True by default)
The integration creates a new Address for the new or existing Individual Account, filling in the following fields by default.
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Zip Code
When the "On behalf of" field was filled in during checkout, we either find the existing Company Account by an exact name match, or create a new Company Account with that name.
Set your defaults using General Settings & Mapping Rules
The NeonCRM Integration page has four sections:
- the header, which shows you what account you connected,
- the tabbed area, which lets you set your sync behavior,
- the sync log, which shows you records that've synced into NeonCRM,
- and the footer, with options to run historical syncs or deactivate this Integration.
It's good to start in the tabbed area (with tabs labeled General Settings, Mapping Rules, and Special Rules) so that you can cover your most common donation scenarios. Any changes you make in any of the tabbed sections are not saved until you hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of that area.
Look over your General Settings
The screen will have the General Settings tab open by default, as shown here:
Within General Settings, you'll find a few checkboxes and a few dropdowns. There's only one required field in this area, and it's filled in with the most common selection by default.
- Match Account:
- This is set to "By Email" by default, and that's our recommended best practice, as people have names, addresses, and phone numbers in common more regularly, and change them more often. Setting this value to "By Email, in our experience, results in the least amount of account deduplication required.
- Default Account Origin (optional)
- You likely want to fill this in with something to indicate any new Accounts were made due to the Fundraise Up integration.
- Default Campaign (optional)
- Default Fund (optional)
- Default Purpose (optional)
- Default Source (optional)
Make some Mapping Rules
The second tab in is labeled Mapping Rules - it allows you to make 1-to-1 mappings of fields in Fundraise Up to fields in NeonCRM.
As covered above, some mappings are already built-in by default (i.e. donation amount to donation amount), so this area is really for defining what things should be true most of the time.
To add a rule here, you'll click the Add Rule button to start choosing what Fundraise Up object the mapping should start with.
You can modify existing rules by clicking on any of the object or field buttons that represent the mapping, or delete them by clicking the grey x on the right-hand side of that rule's row.
When talking about mappings, we'll follow the format:
Object in Fundraise Up: Field in Fundraise Up -> Object in NeonCRM: Field in NeonCRM
The most common mapping people define is "when a gift comes in from a Fundraise Up Campaign, fill in X in NeonCRM", so let's cover common setups:
- If your Fundraise Up Campaigns are all named the exact same as your NeonCRM Campaigns, your mapping rule could just be Campaign: Name -> Campaign: Name.
- If your Fundraise Up Campaigns all have the name of the related NeonCRM Campaign in their "Code" field in campaign settings, your mapping rule could be Campaign: Code -> Campaign: Name.
The available Fundraise Up objects to map data from are:
- Checkout Question
- Custom Field
- UTM Parameter
- Static Value
- This allows you to enter a specific value to pass into NeonCRM.
The available NeonCRM objects to map data to are:
- If a Campaign isn't found matching the mapped data from Fundraise Up, we'll create the dropdown option in your NeonCRM Campaigns dropdown.
- Custom Field
- This allows you to map data to a specific custom field on the Account or Donation object.
Cover any exceptions using Special Rules
Your defaults will have you covered most of the time - what about the edge cases?
For exceptions, we have the Special Rules tab! Any mappings you set here will override your Mapping Rules. As such, we allow you to get more granular here - where Mapping Rules limits you to mapping field-to-field, Special Rules allows you to map option-to-option.
To add a rule here, you'll click the Add Rule button to start choosing what Fundraise Up object the Special Rules' mapping should start with.
So, let's say any gift coming in with the "After School Program" Designation in Fundraise Up should go to the "Extracurricular" Purpose in NeonCRM. The Special Rule would be made as follows:
- Designation: After School Program -> Purpose: Extracurricular
Sync your historical data
As of your sync being connected, all new donations will have started coming over to NeonCRM, generating Company Accounts, Individual Accounts, and Donations as applicable.
How do you get past donations and donor data in? What about changes that've been made to your mappings; how do you get that new data in?
For scenarios like those, we offer the ability to run a sync that'll add any new records and update any previously synced ones. In the footer section of the NeonCRM Integration page, you'll find a button labeled Synchronize in a section that summarizes the last sync run.
Clicking that Synchronize button will launch a popup labeled Synchronize Donations, which will provide you the following options:
- All donations
- Specify period
- This will offer a date range selector, so that you can sync only donations made in your date range of choice.
Once you click Start Synchronization, the sync will begin.
Refreshing the page and scrolling back down to the footer will show you the progress/results of that latest manually-started sync.