Your Donor Portal is where donors will go to self-service. You can use it as an opportunity to reinforce your message and brand!
The Donor Portal is a one-stop destination where donors can go to:
- Download all one-time and recurring receipts, individually or in zip files by year
- View their giving history
- Change Recurring Plan details such as: Payment Method, Amount, Date, and more
- Manage their P2P Fundraisers and see their progress
- Add tributes to their Donations and Recurring Plans
- Edit their name and email for their Donor Portal profile and on ongoing Recurring Plans
Soon they'll also be able to:
- Make additional one-time gifts
Even better, donors never need a username or password to log in, as we use secure magic link functionality that sends a unique link to the donors' inbox which they will click to access their portal. They will also have a link to the Donor Portal in their email receipts.
Your Donor Portal URL is one of the ways that your donors can log in to their donor portal. You can change what that URL is.
Click Change URL to change your default URL to anything that is available. This will open a popup, allowing you to either edit the default subdomain (your account ID) to something more brand-specific, or fill in a completely custom domain name and add a CNAME to your DNS provider to authenticate it.
If you choose to offer your Donor Portal at a custom domain, the steps you'll need to take to add the needed CNAME record to your DNS may differ by provider.
First, you'll want to make sure you know who your domain host is.
Next, look in your domain host's help documentation to find their steps on adding a CNAME record. Here's an example of how Cloudflare explains that process.
Lastly, take the information provided in your Fundraise Up dashboard and enter your new CNAME record using the instructions you found! As long as you've done so correctly, your new Donor Portal URL will work when you click the Save changes button.
The resultant Donor Portal URL will be seen in the donor web browser when they are looking at their records in Donor Portal, and you can link to just the provided URL from your website if you'd like to add a "Donor Login"-style link to your website.
Changing the URL for your Donor Portal will also update the URLs provided by your P2P Link & Donate Link elements. As such, we always recommend adjusting away from the default subdomain for your Donor Portal to get better and more friendly element link URLs!
The appearance section allows you to control what messaging and graphics your donor will see when logging in. There are four fields: Browser Icon (aka Favicon), Hero Image, Portal Title, and Header Text.
- Browser Image - This will be used for the icon, also known as favicon, shown in the browser. This must be a square image file with minimum dimensions of 32×32.
- Hero Image - This image will be used as a banner at the top of the donor portal. This must be at least 650px by 200px.
- Portal Title - This is the header text that appears directly below the hero image. The editor here has a button for merging in donor info so that you can personalize each donor's experience.
- Header Text - This rich text area lets you make announcements, reinforce your brand, and include anything else you'd like to show to dedicated supporters.
Recurring Donation Settings
The Recurring Donations Settings section allows you to control what each donor can do to their existing Recurring Plan(s) from within Donor Portal.
- Recurring donation cancellation: These radio buttons control whether a donor can cancel a Recurring Plan directly, or if the cancellation dialog will instead send your organization a request from them to cancel.
- Reduce recurring donation amount: These radio buttons control whether a donor can reduce the amount of each donation installment of a Recurring Plan directly, or if the donor attempting to do so will send you a request from them to reduce the amount.
- Pause recurring gifts (skip installments): If checked, this will prompt donors attempting to self-cancel a Recurring Plan to instead try pausing it for 1-12 months.
Donor Portal Preview
You're wondering what all of your changes will look like, or what your donors are seeing? Perfect - click the View Donor Portal button to see an example of what this currently looks likes. Fake data and information is used to give you an idea of this.