Plaid's Instant ACH allows donors to connect directly to their bank account online and approve immediate bank-to-bank transfers without making any micro-transactions. These will appear in Stripe, facilitated by the Fundraise Up Plaid integration.
Enable ACH Credit Transfer in Stripe
Stripe has a settings area called Payment Methods, where you can activate your Stripe account's ability to take certain methods of payment. To check if ACH is enabled in Stripe:
- Go to your Stripe dashboard,
- Go to Settings in the left-hand menu,
- Go to Payment Methods,
- If there is an Activate button in the row for ACH Credit Transfer, click it!
Enable Plaid in Fundraise Up
Our Payment Options screen provides a step-by-step explanation for the enabling of Plaid (Instant ACH), which you can get to by doing the following:
- Go to the Fundraise Up dashboard,
- Click your name in the top right, and choose Settings from the dropdown menu,
- Click Payment Options in the left hand menu
- Click Enable for Plaid (Instant ACH)
- Click the Enable Plaid button to start accepting Instant ACH using your Fundraise Up forms!
Review how your donors will pay with Plaid
When a donor gets to the Payment Options screen, as long as their donation is over $14, they'll be provided a "Link to Bank" button.
If they click "Link to Bank", they'll be taken to the Bank Account screen with two options for how they can pay for their donation with a bank account:
- by logging into their bank via Plaid,
- or by providing their routing and account number to start a classic ACH transfer.
If they choose Plaid by clicking the "Log in to your Bank" button, they'll be able to pay by logging into Plaid and authorizing their transaction immediately - a major time savings all around!
If they choose classic ACH by clicking the "Use routing and account number button", and they fully enter their other required donation information, they'll be emailed instructions for how to verify their transaction once the micro-deposits land in their account in the next 5 business days.