If you prefer to send donors to a specific destination after a donation, this is what you need to do.
Our thank you panel in the checkout process is powerful - it shows up in the checkout flow without requiring a page redirect, it offers social sharing options, and it keeps them in the same interface which provides customer reassurance.
- Choosing Redirect to Url in the Campaign's Checkout
- What is available for your custom thank you page?
Choosing Redirect to Url in the Campaign's Checkout
When editing a Campaign, if you click into the Checkout tab, you'll find Thank You Screen as an option in the left-hand menu.
From there, you can edit the Thank You behavior - specifically, whether we should show the in-checkout Thank You Screen experience, or whether we should redirect the donor to a URL of your choosing!
What is available for your custom thank you page?
When we redirect a donor to your provided thank you page, we add following parameters to the landing address so these can be picked up by the destination as needed and possible:
- donationId — unique donation id
- amount — donation amount in XX.XX format. E.g. "10.20", "10.00"
- currency — currency code. E.g. "USD", "EUR"
- monthly — "true" / "false"
- supporterFirstName and supporterLastName — first and last name of the donor
- supporterEmail — supporter email
- designationId — designation ID if designation was selected
- designationName — designation name if designation was selected
Your final thank you page URL will look like this:
Keep in mind that the redirect replaces the Fundraise Up Thank You screen wherein donors are encouraged to share their donation social media.