Set up your Kindful Integration to match your organization's CRM configuration.
Now that you've connected the Kindful Integration to your Kindful account, you have control over whether donations sync automatically and more! This article will help you understand optimizing the Integration's options to make sure everything comes over in a way that best matches your practices in Kindful.
- Understand what the Integration always does
- Review your defaults in General Settings
- Set additional defaults with Mapping Rules
- Define exceptions with Special Rules
- Synchronize your past donations or disconnect your account in Actions
Data Matching: All matching and merging of constituents is handled by the Kindful CRM. Please contact Kindful for more information.
Understand what the Integration always does
Standard records and fields
Once you've Enabled Automatic Sync at the bottom of the Integration screen, any future donations made via Fundraise Up will make records in Kindful. While we offer plenty of options for customization, we do always make certain records and fill in certain fields, to make sure that the standards Kindful expects for data are met. So, we always fill in:
- Transactions: We create transactions to represent one-time Donations or Donations that are installments of Recurring plans, filling in Type, Amount, and other stock Transaction fields.
- Transaction Type: We auto-enter Credit for one-time donations and Offline Recurring Transaction for recurring plan installments.
- To reduce duplicates, we only create new Constituents if the email address used on the Donation is not found on an existing Constituent in your Kindful account. If we find an existing Constituent by matching on their email address, we update any contact information provided during the donation.
- We fill in any of the following fields provided during checkout:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
Email Opt In Field
The Email Opt In field is required by Kindful when creating a new contact.
If you DO NOT enable the Mailing List option in your Checkout, we do not send this field to Kindful and rely on the Kindful default behavior. Kindful sets this field to True by default for all new contacts.
If you DO enable the Mailing List option in your Checkout, we set Email Opt In to True if the checkbox was checked and False if the checkbox was not checked.
Review your defaults in General Settings
- Sync Test Data - Enable this if you'd like all test data that you generate in Fundraise Up to be sent to Kindful. Please see this article regarding Test Mode for more information.
- Update "Has been acknowledged" if Thank You email has been sent by Fundraise Up - Fundraise Up sents a thank you email and receipt for every donation. If you'd like this to suffice for your acknowledgment of your donor, you can check this box and that donation will be updated in Kindful as having been acknowledged. If you have other processes - for example, phoning them - then you should uncheck this option.
- Default Comment - This is an incredibly useful feature. By default, Fundraise Up will pass some basic data, such as a link back to that specific donation, directly into the Comment notes for that donation. However, you can include as much information as you like by choosing the data you'd like to be automatically added. Just click the "tag" icon, and add data.
- Default Fund - Allows you to select a default Fund for donations. Helps if Fund should always be set to one thing for donations, or if you only want to use Special Rules to map specific donations' Fund field and want a sensible Fund value set for those donations not meeting your Special Rules' criteria.
- Default Group for Donors - Allows you to auto-associate all Individual Contacts within Kindful who've made Fundraise Up donations to a particular Kindful Group. Helps for marketing email sync (as Kindful's sync tools only sync contacts if they're in any group) and for further segmentation (as that group will be available in your marketing email suite as a segment of your list that you can email specificially).
NOTE: The Kindful COMMENT field has a maximum number of characters of 2,000. You may customize the COMMENT data as you like, however we recommend including the Donate Page URL as a minimum, as this will give you a quick link to the Fundraise Up donation record with full details.
Set additional defaults with Mapping Rules
By default, you will have one default Mapping Rule: Fundraise Up campaign name maps to Kindful campaign name. If a campaign of the same exact name exists in Kindful, the donation will be associated with this. If it doesn't exist, a new one will be created.
You can add additional mapping if you like, sending Fundraise Up campaign, custom fields, designations, or a static value of your choosing to a Kindful campaign or fund.
TIP! If you plan on changing Campaign Names from time to time, this would create a new campaign. If you want to avoid this, give your campaigns a Campaign Code (found in Campaign > Settings) that matches your Kindful Campaign ID (found in your URL when in the Kindful Dashboard and viewing the desired campaign) and map these together.
Quickbooks Online users: If you use the Kindful to QBO connector, the Designation field must be filled in on Kindful donations in order for them to sync over.
Kindful has 3 ways of filling the Designation field:
- with the Default Designation associated with the Campaign of the donation,
- with the Default Designation associated with the Fund of the donation,
- or manually.
Make sure your mappings result in donations getting the Designation field filled out when they sync over!
Define exceptions with Special Rules
If you need to do any special mapping you can do that here. For example, you'd like your Fundraise Up Giving Tuesday campaign to map to Kindful Special Giving Days fund. We'll automatically pull in all of the campaigns or funds available in Kindful so you can choose from the list.
Synchronize - Use this button to import donations from Fundraise Up into Kindful. You can import all donations, or choose a date range. This is particularly useful when you have some donations manually entered in Kindful already, or needed to disconnect for a period of time for one reason or another.
Disconnect permanently - This will remove all syncing between the two platforms. In case you connect that same account again in the future, we'll remember your settings. ;)
NOTE: Fundraise Up will only sync successful transactions to your CRM. We will not send failed or pending transactions to your CRM.