When your site visitors start and run P2P fundraisers on your behalf, they get friendly updates on their progress, and access to the tools to keep the gifts coming!
- Starting or joining a P2P Fundraiser from your website
- Managing P2P Fundraisers as a Supporter
- Receiving email notifications of your P2P Fundraiser's progress
- Donating to a P2P Fundraiser
Starting or joining a P2P Fundraiser from your website
Option 1: P2P Button Element
If you've added an embeddable P2P Button Element to your website, visitors will be able to click that button, which will pop up the form to start (or join, if applicable) a P2P Fundraiser on behalf of whichever Campaign you've associated with that Element.
Option 2: P2P Link Element
If you've created a P2P Link Element, our dashboard will provide you a web address for that P2P Link that you can share to send people right to your website to make fundraisers.
- If opened from outside your website, the P2P Link will:
- redirect the visitor to the URL you provided when setting up the P2P Link Element,
- and then automatically open the appropriate form when they arrive.
- If opened from any page on your website, the P2P Link will just open the appropriate form right where they are!
If "Ask to join teams" is checked on that element
If the element that the visitor used to open the fundraiser setup form has the option "Ask to join teams" checked, then the visitor will be shown a screen to allow them to decide whether they are starting their own fundraiser, or joining an existing one as a new team member.
Filling in their P2P Fundraiser info
Everyone is asked the same questions when starting a fundraiser!
They'll first be prompted for their desired fundraiser info (display name of the fundraiser, optional photo, goal, end date, personal message).
Then, they'll be asked to provide their email address, and to confirm that they can access that email by providing a code they were sent. This is done because it's crucial to confirm that they entered the right email address, as that's what they'll use to get updates on their fundraiser and to manage it via Donor Portal.
Last but not least, they'll be asked for their first and last name, with a clear message that that won't be shared with donors (as their fundraiser's display name is what will display during checkout).
Once they click Start Fundraising on the contact info portion, their P2P Fundraiser will be ready to use!
Joining an existing P2P Fundraiser
If the visitor chooses to join a team, they are shown a list of P2P Fundraisers associated to the campaign selected for that element, with both the display name of the fundraiser and the full name of the fundraiser admin.
Once they choose a team to join, they are similarly to people starting a fundraiser prompted for their email address, verification that they can access said email address, and their first and last name.
Managing P2P Fundraisers as a Supporter
If a Supporter starts or joins a P2P Fundraiser, the success screen will provide a link they can provide anyone looking to give, social media buttons to help them share their fundraiser link out, and notification that they received an email with the same link + buttons.
Whenever a P2P Fundraiser is started, if the "Fundraiser started" email template is enabled, the initial supporter will receive an email confirmation with the following:
- The URL they can distribute so that people can donate to their P2P Fundraiser
- A clickable button that'll take them to manage that P2P Fundraiser in their Donor Portal.
Similarly, when a new team member joins an existing P2P Fundraiser, if the "Member welcome" email template is enabled, they will receive an email confirmation with their share URL and a button to review the P2P Fundraiser's progress in Donor Portal.
Additionally, when a new team member joins an existing P2P Fundraiser, if the "Member notification" email template is enabled, all prior members will receive an email notifying them of their new team member.
Within Donor Portal
Each P2P Fundraiser's page in the Donor Portal will show the following:
- The details of the fundraiser (with options to edit if they are Admin of the fundraiser),
- A sharing pane, which will provide them:
- their direct link for donors, along with a copy button,
- buttons to help share their link to social media,
- and a QR code button to help them get a QR code image that, when scanned, would send someone to the link to donate to their fundraiser.
- A map of all donations received to date,
- A goal meter, with visually distinct sections to represent each contribution,
- A list of all members associated to the fundraiser, with an invite link to allow the Supporter to invite additional members to join them in soliciting donations for this fundraiser,
- A list of all donations received to date, filterable to Top Donations or Recent Donations, showing name (unless donor requested to be anonymous), amount, date, comment, and location for each donation.
On the main page of the Supporter's Donor Portal, they'll see a list of all Fundraisers to which they are a member, with each Fundraiser showing its goal meter and a link to its page.
Receiving email notifications of your P2P Fundraiser's progress
In each Campaign's Email tab, you as an admin can manage which P2P Fundraiser-related emails your Supporters receive - the content is editable, and the emails themselves can be turned on or off. They are all on by default.
A Supporter running a P2P Fundraiser can receive email notifications of the following:
- New fundraiser
- Donation with fundraiser received
- Fundraiser goal reached
- Member welcome (for new members joining an existing fundraiser)
- Member notification (for existing members when a new member joins)
Donating to a P2P Fundraiser
While it is active
Visitors to the direct link for a P2P Fundraiser will be taken to the URL set in its Campaign's P2P tab, and donation checkout will automatically open on that page.
The donation checkout will automatically show the Ask page, showcasing the P2P Fundraiser's personal message, the display name of the fundraiser, their profile image, and a goal meter reflective of their fundraiser's progress.
As the donor enters an amount, the meter will update with a display of how much closer their donation would bring the fundraiser to its goal.
It will also display the Display Name of the Campaign that P2P Fundraiser corresponds to, as set in the Campaign's P2P tab.
While P2P Fundraisers do automatically have a goal date, they can still accept donations after that point. Supporters can log into donor portal and adjust their goal date and amount if they want to set a different target.
If you as an administrator have paused a P2P Fundraiser, Visitors to the direct link for that P2P Fundraiser will still be directed to checkout - it'll just be the default behavior for the Campaign that P2P Fundraiser was associated with!