Every donor has accessibility needs, but certain modes of access have been historically privileged. Fundraise Up maintains WCAG 2.1 (Level AA) compliance to help level that divide and provide a more equal experience to donors of all experiences.
Core criteria of WCAG
The Fundraise Up donation checkout attempts to account for as many modes of access as possible by:
- ensuring access to all functionality for keyboard-only visitors,
- not building in keyboard traps (areas that can be tabbed into with a keyboard but not tabbed out of),
- ensuring a sufficient contrast ratio for visitors with visibility concerns,
- providing a viable experience for users of browser-based or OS-based magnification,
- properly labelling form elements for visitors using screenreaders,
- providing readable and understandable content for general navigation,
- and using sufficient headings structure for general navigation.